Introducing the Marsden Vlog! (+ 12 Email Marketing Tips)

Posted by Lauren DeRamus

Thu, Oct 20, 2016 @ 09:15 AM

[fa icon="comment"] 2 Comments

If you're an avid reader of our blog, you may have caught some of our recent posts about getting your video program off the ground (and if you didn't, check them out now!) Why the focus on video marketing? Like most savvy B2B marketers, we know that video content consumption is on the rise. In fact, YouTube reports mobile video content consumption alone increases 100% every year.

This week, we're bringing your our very first team vlog (video blog)! Not only will this video give you a chance to get to know the Marsden Marketing team, but we'll also share our best tips for optimizing your marketing emails. 

Read More [fa icon="long-arrow-right"]

Email Workflows: How to Get Them Right

Posted by Christina Simms

Thu, Oct 13, 2016 @ 09:15 AM

[fa icon="comment"] 0 Comments

There are days when technology fails to cooperate with me and I daydream of chucking my computer, phone, etc. into a running trash compactor. Or reminisce about the scene in Office Space when they go to town on their frequently malfunctioning printer with a baseball bat. But on the flip side, most of the time I am thankful for the luxuries technology affords me. Marketing automation, for instance, is one part of my life where technology saves me time, helps me scale my efforts, and enables me to better serve clients and their customers. 

Read More [fa icon="long-arrow-right"]

5 Google Analytics Tips for Better Website Optimization

Posted by Charlotte Cook

Thu, Oct 06, 2016 @ 10:15 AM

[fa icon="comment"] 0 Comments

Google Analytics can give invaluable insight to B2B companies who want to consistently analyze and improve their websites. This information is important to better serve your target market, discover why they are visiting, what they are doing on your website, and why they are leaving. Whether you’ve just launched a new website or have yet to tap into the full potential of Google Analytics, utilize these tips to start understanding your visitors’ actions.

1. Account Optimization

First things first, make sure to filter out your own IP addresses, so Google isn’t tracking your internal activity. After the initial set up, you can customize your own dashboard to view metrics that are most important to your organization.

Read More [fa icon="long-arrow-right"]

Why Segmentation Matters in B2B Email Marketing

Posted by Erwin Grigorian

Tue, Oct 04, 2016 @ 10:11 AM

[fa icon="comment"] 0 Comments

Email marketing is an integral part of B2B companies’ marketing strategy. But ask yourself, are you canvassing your emails to your entire contact database, or are you smartly targeting your email messages by your prospects’ titles, industries, or activities? For most companies, the answer is “no” when it should be “yes.”

If you’re asking what I mean by “smartly targeting your email messages,” it’s called email list segmentation and it’s a method used to categorize your prospects into groups that have similar traits. At its most basic level, you would have two lists: prospects and customers. But segmentation can go a lot deeper. For example, you can segment prospects based on demographics, job titles, industries, behaviors and activities. As for customers, possible segments could include length of time as a customer, purchase history, product/solution owned and so on.

Read More [fa icon="long-arrow-right"]

The Inbound Auto Shop: It’s Time for Your Marketing Tune-Up

Posted by Lauren DeRamus

Wed, Sep 28, 2016 @ 10:45 AM

[fa icon="comment"] 0 Comments

Let’s face it; just like your beloved vehicle, your inbound marketing program requires the occasional tune-up.

Regularly scheduled maintenance is an integral part of running a successful and profitable inbound marketing program. Most of us are really good about remembering to put gas in our car, and we should be just as good about monitoring and optimizing the day-to-day deliverables that keep our programs running.

But, when is the last time that you had your fuel injection system flushed? Or, combed through those lists in your CRM or email database? Often times we will wait until the “Check Engine” light comes on (or we realize too late that we’re not going to meet those quarterly goals) to say, “Uh-oh – I better take a look at this.”

There are plenty of actions that we can be taking prior to that “little yellow light” to optimize performance and avoid the risk and cost of repairing damage after the fact.

Read More [fa icon="long-arrow-right"]

5 Ways to Turn Marketers into Customer Retention Champions

Posted by Jeffrey Willis

Thu, Sep 22, 2016 @ 09:48 AM

[fa icon="comment"] 0 Comments

According to one report, 63% of marketers felt that driving new customer acquisition was their most important goal. With all the attention focused on lead generation, this often leaves your existing customers as the red-headed stepchildren of your marketing efforts.

Now let’s look at another stat: by simply increasing customer retention rates by 5% a company can increase its profits by more than 25%. In fact, the probability of converting an existing customer is 60-70% while the probability of converting a new prospect is 5-20%. 

Read More [fa icon="long-arrow-right"]

How to Begin Creating High Quality B2B Marketing Videos

Posted by David Doughty

Thu, Sep 15, 2016 @ 10:00 AM

[fa icon="comment"] 0 Comments

B2B video marketing has become a channel of communication that can’t be ignored anymore. The 2016 B2B marketing trends report said that videos have an effectiveness rating of 62%, which was more than e-newsletters and blogs. This means that videos are more likely to generate engagement and possible leads than text campaigns.

If that’s not convincing, check out “How to Get Your B2B Video Content Program Started.” The general overview and statistics should remove any other doubts.

Read More [fa icon="long-arrow-right"]

The Data-Backed Case for Marketing Beyond Your Website

Posted by Brenna Zenaty

Mon, Sep 12, 2016 @ 11:46 AM

[fa icon="comment"] 0 Comments

It’s that time of year again; no, I don’t mean the start of football season (although I have high hopes for my fantasy team this year). It’s time to set your priorities to hit your end-of-year numbers, and to start looking ahead to your marketing and sales strategy for 2017.

This year’s State of Inbound report, produced by inbound marketing thought leader HubSpot, aims to take some of the guesswork out of your planning. The report takes a look at the most pressing priorities, challenges, and new strategies of the world’s foremost marketers and salespeople.

The report covers everything from top challenges for today’s sales professionals, to the current state of inbound advertising, and the future of search marketing. This post will focus on a fourth section of the report – content marketing and the rising popularity of new content formats.

Read More [fa icon="long-arrow-right"]

How to Find Great Outsider Content for Your Social Media Channels

Posted by Carla Niknejad

Wed, Sep 07, 2016 @ 09:26 AM

[fa icon="comment"] 0 Comments

You’ve heard it before: you need great content to be engaging on social media. Luckily, you already have great original content. You’ve got an unbeatable content marketing plan in place. But what do you do when times get tough, and you’re struggling to figure out what to post next?

Read More [fa icon="long-arrow-right"]

How to Troubleshoot Your Hubspot Page Styling Woes

Posted by Brian Bicknell

Thu, Aug 25, 2016 @ 01:33 PM

[fa icon="comment"] 0 Comments

Has your template purchase turned into a hassle? Are you trying to make a landing page but are running into more styling obstacles than a Kardashian? Troubleshooting rendering issues on Hubspot pages is an interesting challenge due to all of the moving parts – you may have custom programming, purchased template CSS files, a Design Manager template, a page made from the DM template, and an end product to consider. If something looks wrong on the page, how the heck do you find out what’s going on when there are so many different parts? The guess-and-check method can leave you in the dark for hours with nothing to show for your work. Luckily, there’s a light shining in the darkness – “Inspect”.

Read More [fa icon="long-arrow-right"]